Thursday, January 29, 2009

thursdays are for friends

I met with Marco yesterday (tall German professor friend not large black and white cat). Marco applied to 13 or 14 schools after his undergraduate work. Let me repeat that, Marco applied to 13 or 14 schools after his undergraduate work. ! Out of those 13 or 14 schools, he was accepted into 3. Time to start saving money for application fees? Most likely. My naivety regarding the grad school application process was glaring last evening. I'm glad this is January and not October. That's what I'm saying.

What would an attempt at an a-signifying poetry look like, DJ Spooky? I guess that's sort of what I'm interested in right now. But when I think about my brain, I think about how dumb it is. "Language is about force not representation!" Well yeah. But how do I explain that to my mother? WWJBD?

While watching the first episode of 24 I've ever seen, Mallory mentioned how much more of a badass Jack Bauer is than Jason Bourne. I've only seen one of the Bourne movies, but he seemed pretty badass. This argument will always eventually lead into the Keiffer Southerland v. Matt Damon argument. According to Bennie, Keiffer Southerland can neck down a fair amount of booze. This is where the argument stops at my house. It's all laughing from there. I wonder what their political affiliations are. Keifer and Jack, and Matt and Jason.

Read these:

A Heap of Language

I switch on the light and clear
the table. You come from the ocean
and dry yourself. Inside us, apologies inch
their way around. Most of what we say will hardly matter.


*

Poem with Trademark for a Plastic Disk Thrown From Person to Person in a Game

Fuck magic.

I throw
a Frisbee and it goes

right to you.

- Graham Foust

No comments: