Thursday, July 2, 2009

100th Post!

In honor of this 100th post (as arbitrary as that sounds), I'm going to plug some films that are either at The Ross currently, or are going to be there in the coming weeks. Apparently due to budget cuts at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln, the future of The Ross is in jeopardy. I don't really know the specifics of the situation, nor do I really know what I (or anyone else for that matter) can do to help the cause. I do know, however, that going to see films there in the coming weeks couldn't hurt their cause, and might possibly even help. Given the no lose scenario I just set up for you, check out these titles:

Anvil: The Story of Anvil (showing June 26 - July 9)

- Essentially a 50/50 mix of Spinal Tap and The Wrestler. Supposed to be absolutely fantastic.

Whatever Works (showing July 3 - July 9)

- Woody Allen's new film starring Larry David. Intriguing if nothing else, right?

Moon (showing July 10 - July 23)

- I think I've mentioned this movie on this BLOG a couple months ago or so. Shenanigans on the moon. Shit is dramatic. Looks like a looker. Check out the trailer.

Tyson (showing July 24 - July 30)

- For the shear novelty of Mike Tyson I'm going to see this film. Dude bit someones ear off and has a tribal tattoo on his face. Gotta be some sort of crazy. Check out some of the interviews he has done on YouTube for a better understanding of his personality. He is an island.

2 comments:

rachelise said...

I want to see all of these movies. Let me know when you're going!

justin ryan fyfe said...

i do want to see moon