Wednesday, August 20, 2008

i tried

Cat Update:
Alisa and Jake dropped off Marco and Gertrude (cats) yesterday. For the first seven hours they were both pretty shell shocked and hid themselves away in my bedroom. I turned off the lights to see if they would come to life and come to life they did! Throughout the day, Marco was hissing at the air. I would lean down to pet him and he would roll over like he wanted to be pet, but he continued to hiss while I pet him. I didn't and don't take it personally because it appears to be a natural, instinctive defense mechanism of some sort. Alisa and Jake told me that Marco would be a little more willing to explore and would adapt to the environment quicker than his sister. However, it appears as though Gertie has adapted and possibly accepted things a bit better than Marco has. She jumped up on my bed while I was sleeping and scared me, but she didn't mean anything. I would be curious of me too. I opened the door a bit last night to allow them to explore if they wanted to while I slept. I woke up this morning and found neither of them in my room. I didn't look very long, but Gertie was under Bennie's bed and Marco was being cavalier somewhere. Day one went about as well as expected. It will be exciting to see what day two brings.

K Update:

I can't write anything. I asked Jeff to send me a poem so I knew they still existed. He is struggling but said he would try. August is a bad month, but Labor Day is coming soon. I'm just struggling with her too. A poem? Yes, she is a poem. Struggling can be good. It is. But it really is easy to love something when you actually do. And I love poetry! "People don't listen to poetry anymore." I am listening, I hope you are too, poem.
Where are you Sherwood Anderson? My god you write a beautiful prose.


No comments: