Wednesday, June 25, 2008

long ones are the lovely ones

How the hell can I expect to get into graduate school if every poem I write will eventually be longer than the maximum page length for portfolios? I should probably just start reading nothing but Robert Creeley and then write some poems? Fuck. Long poems are the result of the New York School's influence over my writing. Fuck you Frank. Fuck you Kenneth. Fuck you John. Fuck, I love you so much. I've got things stewing up and they're bubbling out, baby. Maybe I'll post something or other.

I'm reading some stuff at Suite 1 in the Haymarket tomorrow (6/26) around 9ish. I'm pretty sure Rachael, Justin, and Carlin are as well. Be well everyone.

k

2 comments:

rachelise said...

i have the opposite problem you have. i constantly collage my short poems together. it's a hard knock life, for us! grilling out tonight, come if you want. otherwise cya tomorrow!

rachelise said...

you're such a douche bag. i love your poems.