Tuesday, December 2, 2008

blogspot friendly poems (no absurd line breaks) to share

1, 2, 3, 4, Fyfe
for Justin

behooved to know
a hoof has its hoofs
and hooves, for one
leg is no damn good
without the other
leg and leg and leg,
four, and four stands
in there, four stands
in mud but these
fences, sir, have
plenty of posts dug
in mud, poor boots
are aching, those
battle wounds, those
wires, those barbs
will catch you
standing too close
to blue, buried
in the ripe dust
and wine in the shit
just bend it and smile
it's ok to smell it here
they say it's money
they say it's the smell
of money

Passive Brass

I'm supposed
to read a poem
with my mouth
to you, friend,
I'm not
the bell of a
ring but bright
past the lip--
a horn
xxxxxI am
an eye reader,
reader, and eat
yellow sound
with ears
and my brain,
my reference
reads to thumb
pages inside
my head, a fan,
a face and diction--

air between the image
and the mouth
hangs
holding eyes
on my page,
my body.


1 comment:

rachelise said...

it's probably more of a bisexual thing. i'm no fan persay, but these comments...yeah. these comments.