Monday, December 15, 2008

new york, anyone?

So one of my favorite poets is giving a reading in New York on Wednesday, where she will be reading my favorite of her books. Damn.

"Midwinter Day: A 30th Anniversary Reading Wednesday, 8:00 pm
Bernadette Mayer wrote Midwinter Day three decades ago on December 22, 1978; please join her and some special guests as they read selections from this epic work. Readers include: Bernadette Mayer, Philip Good, Marie Warsh, Lewis Warsh, Barbara Epler, Jamey Jones, Peggy DeCoursey, Lee Ann Brown, Scott Satterwaite, Bill de Noyelles and Brenda Coultas."

- http://www.poetryproject.com/calendar.php

I'm thinking about writing Bernadette a letter. I just need some paper, something to say, and her address. Jeff told me she gave away (or sold) a bunch of her books (from her library, not necessarily books she wrote) to some book store in Amherst, MA. He said there were some gems among them, her name written on the inside covers.

What's going on Bernadette?
That's what I'd ask her.

1 comment:

justin ryan fyfe said...

well

you did say you would drive to new york and take anyone that wanted to go once gas was below 1.75.............................