Thursday, September 11, 2008

my speed metal office mate

I was sitting at my desk just now, or I guess I still am, but a second ago while I was sitting at my desk my office mate Ron walked by and said I could change the radio station if I wanted. We were, and currently still are, listening to the Eagle waiting to hear a Neil Young song so we can call in and win tickets to his concert in Omaha. Considering our intentions I, of course, said "Nah, I like oldies." Ron is an older guy, probably in his late 40's possibly early 50's, so when I said "oldies," it made me feel kind of awkward so I repeated it. "Oldies." He turned to me and said, "Yeah, most of those songs I was listening to when I was playing in bands in high school and college." I blinked a few times and turned to him and asked, "You were in bands, Ron?" He nodded. I asked him what he "did" in his bands and he said, "partied." We both laughed and he said that he played guitar. I then asked what kind of band it was and he turned to me and replied, "speed metal," and slowly turned his attention back to his computer and continued typing. His full back tattoo that I keep hearing about is making more and more sense everyday. I love Ron.

2 comments: