Tuesday, September 30, 2008

rockets, houston rockets that is (reasons for not growing out my beard)

I just finished a king size Snickers. I ate the entire thing in one sitting. Wes told me yesterday that after he got back from his vacation a couple weeks ago his sweaty arm pit problem (he has had for years and years) mysteriously disappeared. What I'm saying is maybe my recent trip to Colorado reacquired my taste for sweets, particularly chocolate. I had a chocolate craving less than ten minutes ago and got up from my desk and bought a Snickers. Me. My stomach gets upset if I eat a "fun size" Snickers. I feel fine. I feel GREAT. This is a biological change. This is interesting.

I set up a saving plan on my Wells Fargo online account. In 21 months I hope to have $4000 dollars saved for a trip to Europe. I have quite a few friends who live there and have family there so I think including the plane ticket, $4000 would be enough to spend a month or two or three across the sea. More? Less? I have no idea. I guess since I know people who I could stay with, my only expense would be getting from one place to another and food and booze. Trains can't cost all that much can they? I hope my life falls the way I'm passively attempting to direct it to. I want to save up some money and travel and that means I need to put off my life another year. Yeah. I want to write and find out about my writing recklessly before any sort of formal direction reels me in. But maybe formal direction would scatter me about? Work work work for 21 more months then run run run around in Europe then I can start my academic life back up. I could see myself becoming a perpetual student. MFA then maybe a Ph.D. in physics. I'll write moon poetry when I'm older, you'll see.

It's very patchy.

4 comments:

justin ryan fyfe said...

moon poetry my ass

k said...

I just ate a sleeve of Starburst. I love sweets!

rachelise said...

a sleeve a sleeve
do you like your job?

k said...

I can stand it. If that's what you're asking.