Wednesday, September 24, 2008

San Francisco, Nebraska

Where was I supposed to pay my five dollars to get over the Bay Bridge? I don't remember the last time it was THIS foggy outside. I desire nothing more than a sterile environment. I am sick. I am in a continual state of sickness and every place I sleep feels infested with dander as the cats run the roost these days. I want to check myself into a hospital and sleep at an incline.

I bought a tea at Scooter's and while the barista was making it, I was suspicious of his process. He put the tea flakes directly into the cup and filled it up with hot water. I'm not a fan of Nestea, the freeze-dried shit or whatever but knew that the tea he was using wasn't that. What was he doing? I looked at the lid and noticed that it was a "Filter Lid." The opening has this filter thing covering that doesn't allow the tea flakes to get into your mouth but allows the tea steeped water to. Is this new? I don't go to coffee shops or anything like that, and in the event that I do, I usually buy juice. It doesn't matter.

I'm also very suspicious of any social or political statement made through the use of one's own body. You people take yourselves very seriously. Write something to persuade me because your interesting body hair is uninteresting to me. It's all just very tired. I am very tired. I am sympathetic to feminism and have read Mina Loy, but regardless of how much you try, you are always going to be an object of desire for some freaky dude who's into whatever it is you're into and will rebel against it as well. This is more because of you than anything else though. But you already knew that. And everyone else just doesn't care what you do. I don't care, I'm just very suspicious. Live and let live. I'll shut up.

I wrote my friend Jeff a letter but didn't have ink for my printer so I don't know how relevant it is anymore. I'll send it anyhow. I need to buy some ink. I've been thinking about you a lot Jeff and I hope everything is going alright. Sometimes I write because I think that you're writing too. "I'm not gay or nothin'."